Wednesday, April 11, 2018

O' The Luck of the Irish


       March 17th, one of my favorite days of the year, St. Patrick’s Day. I taste the corn beef and potatoes already! This St. Patrick’s Day, my friends Angela and Aleksandra decided to go to the parade in the city. We woke up early and decided to take the 10 AM ferry into the city. We walk into the ferry terminal on the Staten Island side and it’s a sea of green. We got there early so we took a seat on an empty bench we found. Today, everyone and I mean everyone, was Irish. Some people just wore green shirts or socks and had some beads around there neck, but there was one guy I’ll never forget, he was dressed in a full out leprechaun costume. Green pants, jacket, hat, and even had an orange beard. We get onto the ferry and this leprechaun sits just a little bit in front of us and we could tell they were obviously drinking, it’s St. Paddy’s Day! There was also a ton of police officers on the boat. Many of them sat right next to me and my friends. I assumed they were going to be in the parade because of their outfits and the fact that they started drinking next to us. Aren’t you not allowed to be seen drinking in uniform? I know not on the job but I was thinking they aren’t supposed to be, and you’re not allowed to drink alcohol on the boat I’m pretty sure. The whole boat ride I felt slightly uncomfortable and just couldn’t stop watching them and listening to them talk. At one point the leprechaun walked past us and all of them just looked at him and then looked back at one another. I know they were all basically saying in their heads, what the f*ck is this guy wearing??? I mean I know he went really all out for the parade but I mean, just let him rock it, it’s St. Patrick’s Day.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment