Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Dockin' the Boat

      Observing at and on the Staten Island Ferry has opened my eyes to many things that I really worry or question about nowadays. I love that I got to observe the Staten Island Ferry over other places because there’s only one S.I. Ferry. It’s also where I’m from, Staten Island will forever be my home no matter where I go. Why is homelessness becoming bigger it seems? At least at the ferry anyway. It seemed to be predominantly minority men. Why don’t people talk to one another anymore when they’re with them in person? It’s all about our phones and social media now I guess. I get it, I love my phone and being on social media too, and I am a part of that generation that is all about social media and the internet and all these different devices, but when you’re with your friends and others in person, why not talk and be with them? And I mean all of you be with them not just be physically next to them, cause then what’s the point? These potential arguments can further help me develop a future research paper for myself. I think I’m more interested in doing teens and their phones and social media. Phones and social media are so huge nowadays, everyone has it and is addicted to it, and I look forward to researching this more. Thanks everyone for tuning into my blog! Hope you all enjoyed! J

No comments:

Post a Comment