Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Sex and the City


    March 15th, 2018, almost the end of Spring Break sadly, but before it’s over, me and some of my friends decided to go into the city and go to the Sex Museum, we really wanted to go in the boob bouncy house. It’s a beautiful day out but very windy. My friend Angela and I meet one of our friends at the ferry to get on the 2:30pm boat. When we get to the ferry we're pretty lazy and we sit down and wait till we have to go onto the boat. As I'm sitting there just talking to my friend I'm looking around and notice how many adults were in the terminal.  It was a Thursday afternoon so it wasn't too busy but there were still many people heading into the city to go to work. I also sadly noticed a lot of homeless people. Many of them laying on the benches sleeping or laying on the floor in a corner somewhere sleeping or just sitting around hoping someone will maybe spare them some change or dollar bills. But when we had to go put some more money on our metro cards I noticed that some homeless people, I'm pretty sure they were homeless anyway, stood near the metro card machines, I'm assuming because that's when everyone takes out there money and they're hoping someone can give them money for their metro card or food, or something else they need or want. We get up to go onto the ferry and hundreds of people storm the doors to get on the ferry, everyone bumping into each other. We walk to the end of the ferry and find some seats. As I look around I see many people, especially young adults or teens had ear buds in their ears and were listening to music just sitting there on there phones, even if they were with their friends. I thought in my head, if you’re with your friends why aren’t you talking to them? You’re with each other hanging out and going somewhere because you like each other so why not talk?



 


No comments:

Post a Comment